Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Grandmother Simons Okra Gumbo
- 5 pounds fresh okra, cut up
- 3 pounds smoked sausage, cut up
- 3 pounds ham seasoning (smoked or regular ham), cut up
- 3 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp (chill in refrigerator in water)
- 6 cleaned (gumbo) crabs (clean thoroughly, break in half, and chill in refrigerator)
- 3 cans of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 quarts water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- cup cayenne pepper
- Tony Cachare Creole seasoning to taste
- 6 fresh onions
- bushel of celery, cut up
- 1 whole garlic head, cut up
- bushel of fresh parsley, cut up
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?