Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Grandma’s Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (can sub 1 teaspoon with other spices such as allspice and nutmeg, go easy on the cloves though)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional, my addition)
- 2 cups (from about 3-4 regular sized zucchini) grated un-peeled zucchini (place grated zucchini in a sieve and press out some of the excess moisture before measuring)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (my grandmother recommends black walnuts)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature (Philadelphia cream cheese recommended)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?