Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Gordon's boeuf bourguignon
- 3 or 4 beef cheeks, or shin of beef in one long piece, about 1kg
- olive oil
- 100g smoked streaky bacon , cut into lardons
- 350g shallots , peeled and left whole
- 1 carrot , finely chopped
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 small celery stick, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms , quartered
- 1 bouquet garni of 1 thyme sprig, bay leaf and a few parsley stalks tied together
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- 750ml red wine
- 600ml veal or dark chicken stock
- 1kg potatoes , such as desire or maris piper
- 100g butter , cut into cubes
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 6 tbsp double cream
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?