Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Goong Makahm (Tamarind Prawns)
- For the prawns and garnish:
- 1 lb. large tiger prawns
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large shallot
- For the tamarind sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce to taste
- 3 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 2-3 tablespoons palm sugar or regular sugar to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon hot Sriracha sauce depending on desired spiciness
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?