Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Good Ole Marinara & Mozzarella Topping
- 2 cups tomato puree (straight from a jar, or whole tomatoes from a 28-ounce can that you puree yourself)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- teaspoon salt (Note: taste the puree before adding, if it was processed with salt)
- Ground black pepper
- teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (You may also use fresh mozzarella balls or bigger pieces that you slice yourself. Estimate about 1 pound in water for both pies.)
- cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Optional but really good add-ons: bunch (about 2 cups) arugula, cleaned and dried; squeeze of lemon; a drizzle of olive oil
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?