Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Golden Onion Casserole
- 6 medium yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups whole milk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules (use 1 tablespoon if using double-strength cubes)
- 1/2 cup sherry (or Burgundy if serving with red meat)
- 3/4 cup (total) mixed Gruyere and Swiss cheeses shredded
- 1 French bread or onion-garlic baguette cut in thin slices
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?