Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Goat in Chile Marinade, Pit-Barbecue Style
- 4 ounces guajillo chiles (about 16 large chiles), tops and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves, or 3/4 teaspoon ground
- 10 allspice berries
- 1/3 cup dried Oaxacan oregano or 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 12 to 15 large sprigs fresh thyme (leaves only), or 2 teaspoons dried
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste, plus additional for seasoning goat
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 16-pound goat, quartered, or 6 to 8 pounds lamb shoulder, bone in, trimmed
- 1/2 to 3/4 ounce dried avocado leaves, about 30 large leaves
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?