Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Gnocchi with Spring Vegetables
- 3 large russet baking potatoes
- 4-6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 2 cups shelled peas, fresh or thawed frozen
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 basil leaves, slivered
- Sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Directions1. Steam potatoes over boiling water until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool for 2 hours. Break up potatoes and use a food mill or ricer to mash them into a bowl. Peeling is not necessary with these tools, but the potatoes can be peeled if desired. Dust a smooth work surface with 1 tablespoon flour and scoop potatoes on top. Dust potatoes with remaining flour and dribble a tablespoon of the oil on top. With your hands, work the potatoes, kneading lightly, about 5 minutes until they come together to make a soft dough. Add a bit more flour if needed. Let it rest 10 minutes.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?