Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- For the gingerbread:
- 300g butter
- 250g light muscovado sugar
- 225g golden syrup
- 730g plain flour
- 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsps. of ground ginger
- a grated nutmeg
- For the decoration:
- 500g sifted icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Handful of boiled sweets for windows
- Selection of sweets to decorate e.g. chocolate buttons for roof, rolos for door etc...
- Templates made from cardboard:
- (Base: 23cmx28cm)x1
- (Roof Panels:8cmx17cm)x2
- (Side Walls:10cmx17cm)x2
- (Pitched Walls 12cmx15cm, the pitch should begin 10cm up the longest side)x2 (what I mean by pitched is a square under a triangle)
- (Card Supports)x4 (card supports are basically 4 strips of strong card folded in half)
- Wooden blocks for support as your icing hardens
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?