Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 1 pound dried gigante beans, dried lima beans, or dried Great Northern beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes in juice (preferably San Marzano), tomatoes chopped, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ouzo (Greek anise-flavored liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Greek)
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Ingredient info: Dried gigante beans are large cream-colored beans from the mediterranean. Theyre available at some specialty foods stores and online at titanfood.com. Ouzo is available at some liquor stores.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?