Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Garlicky Pot Roast Recipe
- 8 heads garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for browning the roast
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 2 large Spanish onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dark beer, such as Guinness or Aventinus
- 1 whole head of the roasted garlic (save the rest for another use)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup crumbled gingersnaps (about 15 small cookies; store-bought are fine)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?