Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Gallo Pinto (Beans and Rice)
- 1 lb. (450 gr.) Black beans. Fresh are best but most likely you'll find them dried.
- 8-10 sprigs cilantro (coriander leaf) fresh
- 1 small or medium onion
- 1/2 small red or yellow sweet pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (700 ml) of water
- 2 cups (350 ml) white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-3 Tablespoon oil to fry the Gallo Pinto
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?