Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Fried Mussels in Ouzo Batter
- 35 to 40 large mussels, cleaned under running water (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Sea salt
- Good pinch of Aleppo or Maras pepper or hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Olive oil or olive and sunflower oil for frying
- 11/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 11/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup ouzo (see Note)
- 1/ 2 cup sparkling water, or more as needed
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Vali's Skordalia or Roasted Garlic Skordalia
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?