Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Fried Blackberry Pies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (scant) chilled solid vegetable shortening (preferably non-hydrogenated), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen blackberries (3 cups; do not thaw)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water (for glaze)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?