Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
French Onion Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into 3 pieces
- 6 large yellow onions (about 4 pounds), halved and cut pole to pole into 1/4-inch-thick slices (see illustration below)
- Table salt
- 2 cups water , plus extra for deglazing
- 1/2 cup medium dry sherry
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (Use Swanson's Organic Chicken Broth)
- 2 cups beef broth (Use Pacific Beef Broth)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme , tied with kitchen twine
- 1 bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Cheese Croutons
- 1 small baguette , cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces shredded Gruyre cheese (about 2 1/2 cups)
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?