Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
French Onion Soup
- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) sliced onions (about 6 medium onions)
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cracked black peppercorns
- 8 cups (2 l) Enhanced Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) brandy or cognac (optional)
- 12 slices baguette, about ½ inch (1 cm) thick
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 6 ovenproof soup bowls
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 447kcal (22%)|
|Total Fat 22g (34%)|
|Saturated Fat 11g (53%)|
|Cholesterol 50mg (17%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|