Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Freekeh with Meat
- 2 cups Freekeh (the coarse one for main dishes, it's made out of green wheat, can be found in Middle Eastern stores)
- 1kg. (2.2 lbs) lamb shanks without the bone or you can substitute tender beef cubes
- 1 medium onion finely chopped for the Freekeh, 1 medium onion chopped to cook the meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for cooking the Freekeh, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for cooking the meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons of cooking almonds peeled and separated in half
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- For more recipes like this go to www.cookican.com
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?