Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Fragrant Indian Carrot and Lentil Soup
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons grated fresh peeled ginger root
- ½ teaspoon each ground allspice, cumin, and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped (if unavailable, add another 1½ cups carrots)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 18 ounces carrots, sliced (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 cup dried red lentils, washed
- ¼ cup brown basmati rice
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- One × 14-ounce can of reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?