Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Flour-based Brown Sauce
- A heavy-bottomed, 2-quart saucepan
- A wooden spatula or spoon
- A wire whip
- 1/3 cup each: finely diced carrots, onions, and celery
- 3 Tb diced boiled ham (or diced lean bacon simmered for 10 minutes in water, rinsed, and drained)
- 6 Tb clarified butter, rendered fresh pork fat, or cooking oil
- 4 Tb flour
- 6 cups boiling brown stock or canned beef bouillon
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- A medium herb bouquet: 3 parsley sprigs, ½ bay leaf, and ¼ tsp thyme tied in cheesecloth
- Salt and pepper
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 14kcal (1%)|
|Total Fat 0g (1%)|
|Saturated Fat 0g (2%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|