Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Five-Dal Spinach Soup
- 3 tablespoons split mung dal
- 3 tablespoons split urad dal
- 3 tablespoons split toor dal
- 3 tablespoons split green peas
- 3 tablespoons split chana dal
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, shredded or minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ghee or a mixture of butter and olive oil
- 4 oz baby spinach or 6 oz spinach or chard, stemmed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 to 6 fresh green chilies, to taste, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- small handful of fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?