Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Five-Dal Soup With Spinach
- 3 tablespoons split mung dal, without skins
- 3 tablespoons urad dal without skins
- 3 tablespoons toor dal or yellow split peas
- 3 tablespoons chana dal
- 3 tablespoons green split peas
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ghee or a mixture of butter and oil
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or chard, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 fresh red or green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?