Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Finnan Haddie Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes (each weighing about 6 ounces), unpeeled if new, and chopped into 3/4-1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- splash of white wine
- 2 cups good-strength chicken stock
- 3 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 (7-ounce) cans corn kernels, drained, or 2 large corn on the cobs, kernels removed
- 1 pound undyed finnan haddie, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- handful of chives, snipped
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?