Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Fillet of beef with mixed peppercorn sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g clarified butter (see Know-how, below)
- 2 fillet steaks (ideally beef matured for 3-5 weeks), about 140g/5oz each, at room temperature
- knob of butter
- 2 large shallots , finely chopped
- 6 medium mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tsp green and pink peppercorns , crushed
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 100ml red wine
- 200ml good-quality beef stock
- 3 tbsp double cream
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?