Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Farro and Millet Risotto
- 3/4 cup / / 5 oz / 150 g uncooked millet
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup / 2 oz / 55 g unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
- 2 cups / 14 oz / 400 g semi-pearled farro
- roughly 7 cups / 1.6 l good-tasting vegetable broth
- 2 big handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan
- Add-ins: When delicata squash as still in season - I cube and roast it to top this risotto. In the photo above you'll also see I used some chopped chives and a generous drizzle of curried brown butter made from simply adding a bit of curry powder to a skillet of butter I'd browned over medium heat. But now that we are smack in the middle of spring, I've been trading out the squash for chopped asparagus and whole peas - adding them to the pot in the last few minutes.
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?