Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Extra Thick Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds or almond flour
- 16 Tbsp (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 to 6 Tbsp nonfat milk, very cold
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar (white granulated)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 lbs of mixed apples (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Jonagold, Pippin, Braeburn, Cortland, McIntosh), peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?