Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
English onion soup with sage & cheddar
- 1 good knob butter
- olive oil
- 1 good handful fresh sage leaves, 8 leaves reserved for serving
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 large white onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and sliced
- 300 g leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 litres organic beef, vegetable or chicken stock, hot
- 8 slices good-quality stale bread, 2cm thick
- 200 g Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions:View on Jamie Oliver
Why don't we display directions?