Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Elk Meatballs with Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped yellow onion (from about 1 1/2 medium onions)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground elk meat (could substitute lean ground beef)
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can tomato pure (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark molasses , also known as robust (not blackstrap)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?