Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Eggplants in a North-South Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon skinned or yellow split peas
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole nigella seeds ()
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 pounds slim Japanese eggplants, cut crossways into 1-inch segments, or baby Italian eggplants cut in half lengthways and then crossways, into 1-inch segments
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated), about 1.25 cups
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?