Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Economical Brown Beef Stock
- 8 to 10 pounds beef bones or veal bones, cut into 2-inch pieces*
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 4 carrots, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 onions, halved and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 quarts cold water
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 leeks, washed and diced (optional)
- 1 turnip, cut into 4 pieces, each piece stuck with 1 clove
- 4 garlic cloves
- Double Bouquet Garni (see Notes)
- 15 peppercorns
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 18kcal (1%)|
|Total Fat 2g (3%)|
|Saturated Fat 0g (1%)|
|Cholesterol 1mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|