Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Easy Brined Roasted Turkey with Creamed Gravy Recipe
- 10.4 ounces salt (2 cups Diamond Crystal kosher salt OR 1 1/3 cups Morton kosher salt OR 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons fine sea salt)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 14 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 1 (13- to 15-pound) fresh natural turkey , thawed if frozen
- Vegetable or olive oil , as needed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , quartered
- 1 medium celery stalk, cut into 3 pieces
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley, thyme , or rosemary, or a combination
- Pan drippings from the roasted turkey
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?