Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Duck with red cabbage & Madeira gravy
- 25g sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves plus 2-4 sprigs
- 2 large or 4 small ducks legs (550g/1lb 4oz total weight)
- 340g can goose fat
- 300ml/pint groundnut oil
- generous knob of butter
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 300g tub fresh chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Madeira
- 4 shallots , peeled and halved
- 5 juniper berries , finely chopped
- 400g red cabbage , finely shredded
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 small orange
- 25g large raisins
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?