Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Drunken PruneMascarpone Trifle Recipe
- 60 pitted prunes (about 18 ounces)
- 2 1/4 cups dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups tawny port
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped, seeds and pod reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- (made with cake flour if possible, and without the glaze or almonds)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?