Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Dried Fava Soup with Mint and Guajillo Chiles
- 1 pound / 16 oz / 450g hulled dry fava beans, rinsed (see photo for reference if needed)
- 8 cups / 2 liters good vegetable broth or water
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 large white onion, sliced 1/2-inch / 1 cm thick
- 1 1/2 pounds / 24 oz / 680g ripe tomatoes
- 6 medium dried guajillo or pasilla chiles, stemmed & seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup / .25 oz / 10g loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, pref. spearmint
- 1/2 cup / 2 oz / 55g crumbled Mexican queso anejo or feta
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?