Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Downey's Soda Bread
- 5 cups whole-wheat flour (preferably stone-ground)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 2 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- Accompaniments: crme frache; jam
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?