Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Spiderweb
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water 10 minutes
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (optional; see cooks note, below)
- Equipment: 3 (9- by 2-inch) round cake pans; a pastry bag with writing tip (slightly less than 1/8 inch); a handheld electric mixer
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?