Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Date & ginger malt loaf
- 200g butter , cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
- 140g stoned dates , chopped
- 410ml can evaporated milk
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tbsp malted milk powder (we used Horlicks)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 50g stem ginger , roughly chopped (reserve the syrup)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 50g stem ginger , chopped
- 5 tbsp ginger syrup (from the stem ginger jar)
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?