Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Curried Chickpeas with Fresh Ginger and Cilantro
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 6 cups water
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 11/2 teaspoons pure chile powder
- 11/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Yogurt, for serving (optional)
- 3 fresh serrano chiles, seeded, deveined, and cut into julienne, for garnish
- A few fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?