Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Crispy topped Cumberland pie
- 2 celery sticks, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 really big carrots , halved lengthways then chunkily sliced
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp each plain flour, tomato pure and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef stock cubes , crumbled
- 850g feather blade beef , or other braising cut, cut into large chunks
- 850g large potatoes
- 25g each mature cheddar and Parmesan , finely grated
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?