Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or 2 tablespoons if pork and sausage are very lean)
- 4 ounces Andouille sausage*, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 ounces picked pork** or ham, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (10 oz size) crushed plum tomatoes
- cup canned tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana pepper sauce
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled
- * smoked or Polish sausage (kielbasa) can be substituted for Andouille
- ** pickled porkany good-quality ham may be used instead
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?