Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Creating your wedding cake
- 1 x top tier , see 'Goes well with'
- 1 x middle tier , see 'Goes well with'
- 1 x bottom tier , see 'Goes well with'
- half a 454g jar apricot jam , you'll use the rest later
- 500g pack natural marzipan
- 500g unsalted butter , softened
- 1kg icing sugar , sifted
- jar good-quality lemon curd
- 142ml carton double cream
- 200g bar plain chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- FRUIT CAKE - 500g/1lb2oz white ready-to-roll icing , cream food colouring paste
- LEMON CAKE - 1kg/2lb4oz white ready-to-roll icing , dusty pink food-colouring paste
- CHOCOLATE CAKE - 1.7kg/3lb 10oz white ready-to-roll icing , ivory food-colouring paste
- FOR THE BOARD - 800g/1lb12oz white ready-to-roll icing , ivory food-colouring paste
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- dowelling rods
- 15cm, 23cm and 30cm deep-round cake tin
- plenty greaseproof paper
- thick 35cm diameter silver cake drum (base)
- thin 15cm, 23cm and 30cm diameter silver cake board
- long serrated knife
- palette knife
- cream, ivory and pink food colouring pastes
- long roll ing pin
- 6 standard plastic dowelling rods
- strong kitchen scissors
- 1m ivory ribbon , 15mm wide
- medium artist's paintbrush
- cooling rack
- string for measuring
- 20cm, 25cm, 33cm cake boxes with lids (if transporting the cake)
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?