Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Creamy Tomato Soup with Souffled Cheese Toasts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teasponn baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- Directions1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is limp, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour, then add basil, cloves, tomatoes, baking soda and stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes. Cool briefly and then puree in a blender until smooth (or if you have an immersion blender use that, it's even easier!)
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?