Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Cream of Tomato Soup with Souffled Cheese Toasts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled between your fingers
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Two 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes in puree or juice
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tomato paste if needed
- 1 egg, separated, or 1 egg white only
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion or shallot
- 4 slices sandwich bread, lightly toasted
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?