Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Cornmeal Pound Cake with Rosemary Syrup, Poached Pears, and Candied Rosemary
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup dry or off-dry Riesling
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 Forelle pears or other small pears, peeled, stems left intact
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, beaten to blend in medium bowl
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 (4-inch-long) fresh rosemary sprigs
- Baker's sugar or other superfine sugar
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?