Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Corn Tamales Stuffed with Stringy Cheese and Poblano
- 2 large ears of corn or 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 recipe Tamale Batter from Fresh Masa or Tamale Batter from Masa Harina made with chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound fresh Oaxacan cheese or soft mozzarella cheese, sliced into twenty-four 3-inch-long strips
- 2 poblano chiles, cored, seeded, and sliced into twenty-four 3-inch-long strips
- 20 to 25 prepared dried corn husks (see Notes)
- Eight 26-inch lengths of kitchen string for tying the tamales
- 8- to 10-quart steamer pot
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 122kcal (6%)|
|Total Fat 7g (11%)|
|Saturated Fat 4g (19%)|
|Cholesterol 22mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|