Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Coq au vin with plump prunes
- 750ml bottle full-bodied red wine (needn't be expensive, just gutsy)
- 4 large chicken legs , halved (or 8 thighs), preferably free range
- 3 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 plum tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 1 bouquet garni with 2 bay leaves and 1 large sprig of thyme, optional
- zest of 1 orange removed with a vegetable peeler (so it doesn't dissolve completely)
- 20 very plump prunes , stoned
- cornflour , if needed
- sugar , to taste
- grated zest of half an orange
- handful of parsley , roughly chopped
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?