Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Coq au vin
- 1 x 1.3kg organic chicken , jointed into 8 (see steps and method)
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 75ml olive oil
- 250g smoked streaky bacon , cut in pieces
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 carrots , peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks , trimmed, washed and roughly chopped
- 250g shallots , peeled, but left whole
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 100ml cognac
- 1 bottle red wine , preferably from Burgundy
- 100ml chicken stock (preferably homemade (see Know-how below)
- 250g fresh cep mushrooms or large chestnut mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?