Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Coq au Vin Recipe
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Porcini Dust (recipe below)
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine such as pinot noir
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Bouquet garni of 6 thyme sprigs, 1 bay leaf, and 6 parsley sprigs, tied together with kitchen twine
- 3 cups pearl onions (about 3/4 pound), peeled and sauted
- Makes about 3 tablespoons dust from 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms. This highly flavorful seasoning can be sprinkled on meat and vegetables during cooking.
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) dried porcini mushrooms
- Process the mushrooms to a powder in a blender or food processor. Sift out any large pieces and reprocess them. Sift the final powder through a fine-mesh strainer. Store in a tightly covered container away from light for up to 3 months.
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?