Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Coconut Sheet Cake with Hibiscus Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco Lpez), divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- Ingredient info: Dried hibiscus flowers, also called flowers, are available at some natural foods stores and at Latin markets. Look for sweetened cream of coconut in the liquor section of most supermarkets.
- Test-kitchen tip: When you're reducing the hibiscus sauce, spoon a bit of the hot sauce on a chilled plate to see how thick it will be when it is refrigerated.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?