Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Clear Tomato Martini
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, quartered (or if using smaller ones, halved or whole)
- Kosher salt
- Chopped tomatoes, diced jicama, halved cherry tomatoes, and torn fresh basil, for garnish
- Vodka, if desired
- 1. Wash and quarter tomatoes. Place in a food processor, add salt (quite a bit to extract the juices from the tomatoes) and pure until the mixture is pink and the consistency of a frapp.
- 2. Place the mixture in a colander that has been lined with several layers of dampened cheesecloth or a dampened kitchen towel and place over a bowl. Let the mixture strain overnight.
- 3. For a palate cleanser - Pour into martini glasses and garnish with fresh vegetables and basil. Alternatively, shake the clear tomato water with vodka to taste and pour into martini glasses and serve as a cocktail with garnishes, as desired.
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?