Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Classic Double-Crust Apple Pie
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons (about) ice water
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet apples, such as Spartan or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored, thinly sliced (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 3/4 pounds tart apples, such as Granny Smith or Pippin, peeled, cored, thinly sliced (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon plus large pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?